Why should a startup invest in digital marketing?
Building and running a startup is as exhilarating as riding a motorcycle to reach the summit of the Himalayas. Although the latter is impossible, you can understand and appreciate the feelings and emotions that are associated with it. Apart from the apparent resources that are needed to run your startup efficiently, let us focus on one particular resource in this blog which you should consider investing right from the early days to achieve your revenue and ROI targets soon.
Digital is growing strong around the globe and thanks to a popular telecommunication provider in India who pioneered with low-cost data for masses that India isn’t far behind in the digital game. According to Statistica, there are around 430 million active internet users in India alone and the growth isn’t slowing down anytime soon. So, if your startup isn’t focusing on digital as a medium, you should re-strategize and focus on digital for both marketing and sales.
Let us give you five strong reasons why you should invest in digital marketing:
- Everyone is online.As we have emphasized before, the digital adaptation is rampant in the country, and the growth isn’t slowing anytime soon. So, chances of finding your target customer are more online than offline.
- You can reach your target audience more precisely.If your products or service are niches, then finding the specific target audience can be a daunting task. So, the digital channel comes to your rescue as you can reach the particular target audience who usually opt-in to receive product and service information from you.
- Your reach becomes broader and deeper.Removing the geographical limitations, digital channels help you to reach for your target audience far, wide and deep into one or multiple markets according to your requirement.
- You have better accountabilityUnlike traditional marketing, the metrics which govern the success or failure of digital marketing are well defined, precise, measurable and accountable. This accountability helps you to be more efficient with your resources and focus on the channels that are working out for you while refraining from the ones that won’t.
- It enhances your speed and customer engagement. Response time and customer engagement are the buzzwords these days. For instance, how soon can you answer your prospective customer or how fast can you solve your customer’s problem decides every metric you are tracking to achieve your revenue goals. Similarly, with the customer interaction and engagement, you can ensure steady returns. Digital marketing activities efficiently and effectively facilitate both of these.
There are many more reasons why you should invest and invest early in digital marketing. But we believe that these five should convince you to do so. Because, as a startup, it is critical that you resource allocation to all your processes and align them efficiently to achieve your revenue and ROI goals. And we believe focusing and investing on the digital marketing is one of those critical and necessary steps.